Monday, December 8, 2008

Krugman v. Schiff

I hate to keep hitting on the economic front, but that is what is fascinating to me right now. You all may know that I studied Political Science and History in College. My love of the social sciences didn't stop there. Macro - economics and Political economics were areas that I studied as I could fit in. As a matter of fact I still have a number of my notebooks from some of these classes.

That being said I have been watching the current econimic "crisis" with keen interest. Earlier I posted the video of Peter Schiff . It is hard to argue with his results. I also look to Paul Krugman the recent Nobel prize winning economist. In this weeks New York Times Mr. Krugman addressed one of the questions I have been pondering. A number of economist have been pointing to the Japanese experience in the mid 90's as proof that government expansion is not the answer to the economic slowdown we are expierencing currently. This of course flies in the face of classic Keynsian philosophy. Krugman "generally" follows in the Keynsian school of economic thought. He addresses both the Japanese and our own Great Depression experience in this weeks post.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/01/opinion/01krugman.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Sorry about the long lead in.

No comments: