Friday, November 28, 2008

Running in Pennsylvania

So I'm somewhere in Eastern PA visiting the in-laws, and I want to go run before eating on Thanksgiving. Searched for a "Turkey trot 5K" but to no avail. I told my brother in law that I want to run 10 miles, so he maps out a little run for me. I walk out the door quickly to realize that they live in pretty mountainous terrain here, and it was a 10 mile poundathon on the up and down hills. After another 6 today, both my quads and hamstrings are sore. I knew he never liked me. Not sure why I'm posting this, just what I was thinking about at the moment.

Mystery J, myself and about 5 or 6 others locally are thinking of running Chicago next year.

3 comments:

MysteryJ said...

I am thinking of either running a marathon or climbing a mountain (Mt. Rainier) next year. I had thought about Grandma's run which I think is in June. Chicago could be interesting. You probably have to register pretty early I would imagine.

L Train said...

Grandma's is in June, and I would like to do it someday. I remember you talking about Mt. Rainier and you can't pass that up if you get the chance. Chicago deadline is probably mid April. Nowhere near marathon shape right now but just ran sub-21 5k, which for me was encouraging.

gweasel said...

count me out of any long distance running.
Hats off to you guys and your marathon running.
Anyone for any short sprints?